Out of Area Walks
From: Monday March 1, 2021, 9:30 am
To: Monday March 1, 2021, 2:00 pm
There is no need to register for a walk – you just turn up on the appropriate day at the appointed time and place and the leader will be there.
START TIME: 9.30 - 10.00 am
END TIME: Generally around 2-3pm – sometimes later
Until further Notice we will need to enforce the restrictions below.
- Please do NOT join the walking groups if you have ANY signs of a sniffle, cough or sneezing.
You may just have a common cold, but you could also be Asymptomatic carrying the Covid-19 Virus
- Keep a social or spatial distance of 1.5m whilst on the walk and during morning coffee and lunch
- Carry a mask and use it to cover your mouth and nose whenever spatial distancing is compromised
- Carry a small bottle of sanitiser to disinfect take-away coffee cups, particularly the area around the drinking slot
- When you have finished with your coffee or lunch, thoroughly disinfect both your hands
- Note that our walks will be local only, until at least some of these restrictions are lifted.
The grade of walks is generally easy, but can move to medium for uneven ground and/or stairs or steep slopes. Be sure to take plenty of water and sun screen/hat protection with you.
Please ensure than you have Emergency Contact details for that particular day listed on your phone under ICE (In Case of Emergency)
If you suffer from asthma or allergies or any other underlying medical condition, it is important you bring your own aids or medication with you.
Be aware that the train timetables may change over time. Always carry your transport concession card and money, even on short walks as you may wish to return by train or bus.
Exact route details and Start time for each walk will be sent out by email a few days before the walk is due.
A walk’s destination may change or the walk could be cancelled at the last minute due to weather conditions. If so, you will be notified by email on the morning of the walk at the latest, so please make it a habit to check your email before leaving home to join a walk.
You can walk with us as a Hub member. If not already a Hub member then initially as a guest or a prospective member for up to 3 walks. After this you will need to become a Hub Member.
There is no obligation for participants to lead a walk, although there is always an underlying need for leaders. You don’t need to stay on a walk or have a coffee during or after the walk.
The schedule of the Out of Area Walks is posted at the beginning of each Term this includes a description of all walks. Some listed walks may be changed because of weather or personal concerns of walkers.
Meet at 9.30 am in general, or as indicated on the weekly e-mail mail outs, at Waverton Chemist.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any queries.
100 Bay Rd, Waverton NSW 2060